grambling state football roster 1989

why are the golden state warriors called the dubs

As they put it in Dub Nation: strength in numbers. The Dubs is a name that has been used to refer to the Golden State Warriors. Well, shortening Warriors to the Wars does not really sound right so the name was first shortened to the Ws (pronounced double-yous). That was just some of the stuff he was saying. Then, a couple of Wizards fans sitting baseline started heckling Green. Its going to be so much fun watching these games. Since the Raiders and Lakers fan base was one in the same, it was only right for fans to refer to Lakers as a Nation. The Warriors arent anything close to title ready. Aug 27, 2022 Per MassLive's Brian Robb, Boston has shown little interest in dealing the Oregon native, however. Run TMC was a play on the rap group Run-D.M.C. "Joe Biden in turn gets on his knees before the Golden State Warriors. They have a long and storied history dating back to 1946 in Philadelphia and have always been a unique team. Good thing there is video of everything. Dub Nation is a term that is used to refer to the fan base of the Golden State Warriors. The City logo uniforms were brought back in the mid-2000s as a throwback uniform. Lol, I am a southbay resident and seriously this pisses me off. People shortened Warriors to "W's" and even shorter to "Dubs." It's the same reasoning behind most nicknames, like calling the Celtics the "Celts" or "C's." The Warriors aren't just called "Dubs" - they earn them, too. Wed love to hear from you, so please leave your comments. The Warriors are awesome, who cares if they abbreviate the letter W with dubs the present is now, and those people who are not in Dub Nation then your just going to have to suck it up, Guess what Draymond Green just had a baby. And are we so intolerant as to criticize others? They lose the first game on their home court they dont have a chance. And Greens future with the Warriors is, to say the least, up in the air. The team was publicly disinvited after star point guard Stephen Curry said he was not interested in going, according to an ESPN report. This nickname is relatively new, especially knowing that the Warriors are one of the first teams in the NBA. I am aware of are the Dublin Gaelic Football and Hurling teams in Ireland. A good portion of their home games were scheduled across the bay in the Oakland Coliseum Arena and by 1971 all but 6 were played there. They play at Oracle Arena in Oakland. Its going to be an incredible Dubs team and were going to see some exciting basketball. Click. And yes I know we cant dwell on the 73 wins for long. Three p.m. on Monday. Many teams, especially in baseball, have had informal or slang nicknames created by fans, sports writers, public-relations flacks, or the teams themselves. Right now they are the second most valuable franchise in the NBA after all the years at the top of the league. This is a new world to enjoy my team. But I think its his lift. Lebron, Heyyy Kawhi ol buddy ol pal. JaMychal Green, who was supposed to take up some of the slack from the free-agent departure of Otto Porter, hasnt played since Dec. 18 because of injury. This is especially true sine Dub isnt a normal word in the English language, so many people likely mishear it as the closest real word they know, which happens to be dove.. I never knew this!!! After shortening the Warriors' name to their first letter, calling them the "W's" (pronounced "double-yous"). (Photo of Draymond Green: Jesse D. Garrabrant / NBAE via Getty Images). He also added 13 rebounds and four steals in a brilliant all-around performance. Like Apple fans are diff from windows/android fans. When the Warriors moved from San Francisco to Oakland they couldnt bring themselves to use Oakland in their name. 73-9. for most of the current roster, outside of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala and Draymond Green. I kept on hearing the team called the Dubs and I had no idea what the announcers were talking about I now understand. They are just out of touch with the reality of today and the best team in basketball ever! GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS @ Chicago Bulls Time: 12:00PM PST Location: Washington, DC, USA Broadcast: CSNBA Line: GS -3 Projected Starters Position | Good point. There, they bounced around the city playing their home games at different arenas and auditoriums. his team is going to be talked about decades down the road and the new generations wont believe the stories being told bout them. ", Kamala Harris refuses to drop to her knees in front of an entire NBA team. This is not the first time that GSW has had a nickname that described some of their top players. Well, the kids accepted the answer without question, and proceed on to the park. He tweeted: "Kamala Harris refuses to drop to her knees in front of an entire NBA Team. (Explained), Is It Weird For Guys To Dye Their Hair? One of the most popular is the nickname, which is short for "Dubs." The Dubs represent the first sound of the word "Warrior," and it is . (10 Reasons), Is It Weird To Ask A Girl For Her Number? Lets all agree just to call them the Ls from now on!! Everyone seems to forget that Cleveland was playing without two of its best players last year and still took it to 6 games. L ETS see who can run with them in a long series.. You are wondering about the question why are the warriors called the dubs but currently there is no answer, so let kienthuctudonghoa.com summarize and list the top articles with the question. Their nickname, The Dubs, adds to their teams uniqueness. Celtics alum James Young inks deal with Greek League's Kolossos Rodou B.C.Did Grant WIlliams make a mistake not agreeing to an extension in the offseason?Will the Boston Celtics stay hot for the rest of the season?How can the Boston Celtics improve in the second half of the 2022-23 NBA season?Celtics Lab 166: On Cs-Dubs rematch and whether Boston has exorcised finals demons with Tommy Call IIIShams: Boston Celtics among teams with significant trade interest in San Antonio Spurs center Jakob Poeltl, NBA Twitter reacts to Jayson Tatum's season-high 51 in win over Hornets, Jayson Tatum's trainer Drew Hanlen on how 2022 NBA Finals loss became fuel for 2022-23, Bleacher Report floats two forwards and a center as Boston Celtics trade deadline targets. A guy who eats, drinks and breathes sports. (Explained) The Cold Wire, 8.Why the Golden State Warriors are called Dubs in the NBA HITC. Even though their popularity has increased in the past couple of seasons, not everybody knows all the details about this team. called the experience a "life changer," while members of the Warriors squad were happy the Hip Hop dignitaries were present as 2015 NBA Finals MVP Andre Iguodala said it was the . I recently started following the Golden State Warriors due to their attempt to reach 73 wins in a season. You just get this feeling thats within yourself that its kinda gonna be your night, and you just play and play off your teammates.. But this current team is just awesome. This is literally the stupidest nickname in all of sports. A new cadre of players become trade eligible as of Jan. 15; Do any make sense for the Boston Celtics? (10 Reasons), Why Are Tomatoes So Expensive? Go DUBS, & we are The DUB NATION!. - Quora Answer (1 of 14): The Dubs is one of those nicknames or terms that doesn't seem to make much sense when you first hear or see it. From Wiki Answers: Why are the golden state warriors called the dubs? The coaches dont have a problem. 40 Water also referred to himself as a Ballatician a nod to his 2002 album Grit & Grind in another post showing him stood in front of a portrait of former president Barack Obama. Mark my words Cleveland will be the NBA champions in 2016. Why Is The Office So Popular? Why Did Kareem Abdul Jabbar Wear Goggles. It described the high scoring, run-and-gun style of offense that the team implemented using the abilities of the three stars. (10 Reasons), Why Is Cabbage So Expensive? The Golden State Warriors are an NBA team that represent the state of California. Just prior to the 1971-1972 season, the team was renamed the Golden State Warriors. I cant wait to see the Cavs beat up on the Dubs in Oracle and cry all the way back to Cleveland. People dont realize what they are witnessing with the dubs at the moment. I think thats his lift. This is starting to be your first test of leadership, and thats to tie that together. Kerr put Green back on the floor in the last couple of minutes, and Green made some big plays down the stretch. The nickname comes from people shortening Warriors to the letter W. The shorter form of the letter W is pronounced "Dub." It also helps that W represents the word "win" in the world of sports, so when their fans refer to them as the Dubs, they are also referring to the team as winners. You are going to be hearing a lot more about the dubs now that Kevin Durant is part of the team. Since they are one of the most popular logos for fans, the Warriors use this throwback uniform on a regular basis these days. it makes a lot more sense now. Gutting IRS Will Help Wealthy Avoid More Taxes | Opinion, Eliminating Income Tax Means More Money for Americans | Opinion. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Great Article, and Great Brief Informational History Lesson to boot!!! The Golden State Warriors have a unique 3-point celebration. Dope event today !!! The City refers to San Francisco even though the Warriors currently are located in Oakland (but will be moving to a new stadium there soon). Go Dubs! It may not have been that obvious at first, but now that you know, it really is a simplified nickname. With the recent success of the Golden State Warriors, it's no surprise that they are one the most popular teams in the NBA and are fortunate to have a consistently great fan base in the league. pic.twitter.com/DIch6kLou0. Back in the 90s, the younger fans of the team wanted to give it a nickname and they used a known formula around the league. There's a simple reason why the Warriors are called the Dubs. The Dubs are going to be the team every other NBA team is chasing for years to come. This option has been used a lot since it gets the ball . And it takes time to grow into that role. A dub is a twenty sack of cannabis, or a double dime bag, dime being $10. Golden State, terrible on the road so far and short-handed, came to Washington for a two-day pitstop, playing the Wizards on Monday then returning to the White House for the first time since 2016 to meet a president. In the late 1980s and early 1990s they had a high scoring trio called Run TMC. Now tell me they are overrated! The Dubs held workouts with some of the top . With three championships and six Finals appearances since 2015, Golden State has picked up a whole lot of wins. The fans who came up with the name Dubs also use Dub Nation to describe themselves and all who follow the Warriors. For three quarters Monday, the Warriors looked exactly like the kind of disinterested, .500-level team thats barely hanging on to a top-eight spot in the West. So, although the Golden State Warriors are sometimes just referred to as GSW, the nickname of The Dubs started being used in the 1990s. The Warriors. I got going really early, Vucevic said. A big part of their success is their team name, the Dubs. You cant be true Dubs fan if you are willing to congratulate the Cavaliers like that. Fans have dubbed the team the Dubs for several reasons. Its just creativity. The White House crowd awkwardly gasps. Instead of calling them the Warriors Nation they just use the shortened name. The Dubs, however, are the only one that uses the States nickname (Golden State) for their team rather than the official name of the state. to steve, you suck Warriors are the best team ever at this moment. And hope for the English language continues to wane. They defeated the reigning NBA champions, 132-118, to snap a three-game losing streak and improve to 20-24. Oh yeah GSW, as far as that ringer goes if Durant, or Curry, or James was on your team and crushed the competition, would you still consider that a mistake?! 2023 Dunk or Three. Thank you for this. If you still have a prblm, then you need to take a look at this magnificent, talented team again!!! Dub Nation all day Biiiiiiiitch, Too $hort added in his own Instagram post, which gave fans a look at his presidential invite. Why are they called the Dubs? And why not, they are the most exciting team in basketball. One America News Network host Addison Smith made a similar statement and tweeted: "Insightful messaging to have Biden kneel before Kamala Harris. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Receive small business resources and advice about entrepreneurial info, home based business, business franchises and startup opportunities for entrepreneurs. Seriously, how can anyone think that dubs is a cool nickname? Im sorry Golden State and Warriors suck as words. But its on us to help him with that. Your email address will not be published. From Joe Fulks, through Wilt Chamberlain, Rick Barry, Chris Mullin (who was part of that famous Run TMC team in the late 80s and early 90s), the We Believe team and finishing with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, and even Kevin Durant, you know this team has had a rich history. How I got here is kind of crazy, you see I was out and about in the neighborhood (Visitacion Valley) and I saw a few kids wearing Stephs Jersey, dribbling a basketball going to the park to play some hoops. 2 pick. President Joe Biden went viral for all the wrong reasons during the visit when he forgot shooting guard Klay Thompsons name while referencing the Warriors Big Three, which also includes Steph Curry and Draymond Green. After many years, a lot of people call them The Dubs but not all their fans know what is the meaning of this and its history. They are the best team in the NBA. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images) The Golden State Warriors are called the Dubs because it shortens their Warriors name to the letter "W." When you pronounce the shorter form of "W," it can be pronounced "Dub." Warriors fans also like to refer to their team as "winners," in which the "W," can also represent. This is subliminal messaging.". You remember that game. Supporters often find way to shorten the names of their team - New York Knickerbockers being known as the New York Knicks being exhibit A. The gesture originated on the warriors bench from Shaun Livingston, who brought it with him when he joined the Warriors. Thats the dumbest thing in the world. (10 Reasons), Why Are Haircuts So Expensive? Cringe. The Wizards, no one's idea of a . Try to understand this generation, its no different from all those that came before. How do you find that now? I mean really, how does a team that wins 73 games during the regular season lose the championship? Actually it comes from dubya, the name given to George W. Bush, to differentiate him from his great father, George H.W. then why they called themselves warriors? The Warriors are one of only 4 teams in the NBA who represent their state and not just a city. Why Are The Golden State Warriors Called The Dubs? The offensive-minded group was so good that in their first game of the 1990-1991 season against the Denver Nuggets, they scored 162 points in the highest-scoring regulation game in NBA history. Its a really interesting story about how they got the Dubs, and makes for great lore! Dubs really is a terrible nickname. Hahaha the Dubs should be called the Ls because they are going down to OKC Thunder. I have to agree with this even though I am a Golden State fan. Golden State Warriors. You just feel it. But the fact that he would do it there, I don't know how he'd put words to it but he's just a humble server, man. The truth of the matter is, we still have some learning about this group to do. Dunk or Three. But one player stepped up in a big way to lead the Bulls to victory Nikola Vucevic. Sunday night was a good night for the Chicago Bulls on so many levels. If youre a Golden State Warriors fan, then you are part of the Dub Nation. LeBron is headed to the Rockets. Oh, really? With the recent success of the Golden State Warriors, its no surprise that they are one the most popular teams in the NBA and are fortunate to have a consistently great fan base in the league. Wins can be shortened to W as well. The Dubs is the nickname of the Dublin Gaelic Football team, from Dublin Ireland, The Dubs is the nickname of the Dublin Gaelic Football team, thats Dublin Ireland, Lebron, Heyy Steph how about you come to Cleveland and we can start something reaal special na mean? So it wasnt that in particular. Of course, math reminds us that the Dubs have won four NBA championships since 2015, but you all know whats been going on in this town since then, right? The Warriors shortened name, the Dubs, is relatively new. One of the least known facts about the Warriors is why people call them The Dubs, which is more obvious than you would think but not a lot of people really know whats behind this interesting nickname. 2017 looks like its going to be a great year for the Warriors. I dare you to read this book or go to where she is speaking. Fanboys and girls Calling the Warriors the Dubs is a dumbing down of our collective intellect. When the Warriors first moved to the west coast in 1962, the were located in San Francisco and were called the San Francisco Warriors. The Warriors are one of only 4 teams in the NBA who represent their state and not just a city. Fresh off a rousing win over the San Antonio Spurs, the Warriors reverted to their old habits, surrendering 132 points and allowing the Bulls to shoot 50 percent from the field. Watch. And so, why would you come to talk to me about that? There must be something there. And with the Bulls' leading scorer, DeMar DeRozan, missing his third game in a row due to a strained quad, it looked like it would be a long night. GO Kevin Durant, Stephan Curry,THE Golden State Warriors, and DUB NATION! Haha idiot we about to break the record. enjoy your run while it lasts, Bandwagoners! It sounded more mysterious than it was but its really simple. A season like right now, you only got a .500 record and you kinda sit there and feel good. (I am a warriors fan, not being Bierce). Thank you for this explanation. Go Rockets!!!! Its not like hes in Year 8 or 9. . Since there is a similar pronunciation between the words Dub and Dove, it makes sense that the two words could get mixed up. Why are the Golden State Warriors called dubs?Apr 30, 2019Founded in 1946 in Philadelphia, the Warriors relocated to the San Francisco Bay Area in 1962 and t. It should be Dumbnation. I am a Denver transplant originally from The Bay Area. Swish, it was a 4-game drubbing by the Warriors. We do what we have to do; its more about us. I think that its pretty stupid to disparage (or knock) someone elses dialect or slang just because YOU dont like it. The Cavs destroyed the Dubs in game three. Home Blog Why Are The Golden State Warriors Called The Dubs? LeBron is headed to the Rockets. You have no idea what you are saying Id to be just as lame if I wasnt from the bay. In the three games without Green, they're averaging 23 assists. Theyre iconic for the area, look good, and most importantly, sell well as merchandise. Dubs are people from Dublin .dubh means black in Gaelic . So Steve get your thoughts straight and rethink what u just said. The Dubs, who took home their fourth title in eight years last season, brought along a few Bay Area rap legends with them for another trip to the White House on Tuesday (January 17), and the diehard fan trio didnt take the rare opportunity for granted. That would be the Lakers. Oh, and also, calling San Francisco the City is also a contraction of its previous nickname, the City by the Bay. You will often hear the Golden State Warriors referred to as GSW. But that matters. It just seems to me that its a stupid nickname. I wish the younger generation would use proper words instead of having to abbreviate everything they say and write. Run TMC was created from a contest in which the fans were instructed to come up with a name for the trio. I think the Golden State Warriors should be called the dumbs instead of the Dubs. The information shared above about the question, 1.Why Are The Golden State Warriors Called The Dubs? From magazine street to executive suite, you can call me White House Water, E-40 wrote on Instagram next to photos of him, $hort and F.A.B. In the case of the Golden State Warriors, shortening Warriors leaves only 'Wars' as a logical choice. Draymond, you scared. He told me I was scared. I cant wait for the 2016/2017 NBA season to begin. And the fact that you cant even spell it right indicates you dont know what youre talking about, so perhaps you should learn the lore first. Nov. 2021), The Daily Word Counts of 19 Famous Writers, The Ideal Length of Everything You Write Online ( Infographic), 8 Famous Authors and Their Favorite Writing Spots. Well, it's time to discover why they use it and what's behind that curious nickname. Why the Warriors are known as "Dubs". It was derived from the old nickname given to Jose Conseco and Mark Maguire of the Oakland Athletics, who were known as The Bash Brothers. The odds were stacked against the Bulls, as the Dubs came into the United Center with a healthy roster featuring the likes of superstars Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green. Why are the Warriors called The City? answer the question why are the warriors called the dubs, which will help you get the most accurate answer. The "Golden State" portion of their name is a reference to the nickname for their home state of California. The Dubs are going down badly and I cant wait to hear you all whining about your greatest team ever delusion! Congratulations. The letters TMC stood for Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, and Chris Mullin. I predicted it all along!! If you get in the Hall of Fame, and you probably will, it will be for something completely different than scoring, anyway. Excuse me but that is not true. The use of Dub Nation is so popular that the team and its website even use it for ticket and merchandise sales. (Explained), Is It Weird To Go To Clubs Alone? The bench (and crowd) will stand up and point their arm toward the sky making an okay sign (thumb and pointer finger in a circle with the other three fingers sticking out), then take their other hand and begin to rub it up and down along the outstretched arm. And it isnt readily apparent imo. Team of the century? Image courtesy: https://sportslogohistory.com/golden-state-warriors-primary-logo. The other three are the Indiana Pacers, Utah Jazz, and the Minnesota Timberwolves. I can understand why a lot of people have trouble understanding what the announcers are saying the first time they say it. ", He joked: "Fellas, I know what it feels like.". And, all of a sudden, it was Game 4 of the NBA Finals in Boston last June. Instead of calling themselves The Warrior Nation, the fans use the same abbreviation for Warriors and began to call themselves the Dub Nation., The Warriors and their fans dont refer to themselves as the doves, although people thinking they call themselves the doves is a common misconception. I think that set me off more than anything. The Bulls' starters were more than happy sharing the rock, out-assisting their counterparts, 25-19. Joe Lacob has made it clear hes not going to keep paying historic luxury tax going forward. 73-9 and soon to be back to back Champs!!!! Joe Biden has sparked concern from his critics after he chose to take a knee for a photo opportunity when meeting the 2022 NBA Championship team, the Golden State Warriors. Well said Dexter. Take Care Man. The Boston Celtics will be taking on all of Dub Nation in the 2022 NBA Finals. WATCH pic.twitter.com/gEeCsip2XA. In fact, one of the reasons you're likely reading this article is because you couldn't figure out why the Warriors are called that on your own. If thats what turns you on, then look at it this way. No, my path to the Hall of Fame wont be the typical path guys take to the Hall of Fame. "Golden State" was used because it referred to the state of California's nickname and using it for the team name shows that the team represents all of California. Notice Biden kneeling before Kamala Harris. And the explanation is as easy as why some people. Heyy how about if I go over to Cali? But to make a point this season was their season and they have the potential, inspiring the future generations of nba. He can opt into the final year of his contract, at $27.5 million, for 2023-24. You need to take back youre comment! They removed a couple of letters from them, leaving just Dubs as their nickname. If you watch the Warriors bench (and now many of the fans in the crowd as well) you will often see them make a 3-point gesture that might not make sense at first sight. (Explained), Who Is Still Alive From My Three Sons? ", Former Superman actor Dean Cain was one of the social media users to question Biden's choice to kneel and simply tweeted: "Why are you taking a knee? In the case of the Golden State Warriors, shortening Warriors leaves only 'Wars' as a logical choice. The other three are the Indiana Pacers, Utah Jazz, and the Minnesota Timberwolves. Barbara, if you can remember back when you were young, your generation had their own terms, slang, and abbreviations. So now I am going to go have a little nightcap (Crown Royal anyone?) Kev. Yes, I do. After moving to Oakland, the team settled on its final name: the Golden State Warriors. He was talking Hall of Fame, he was talking about scoring. In fact, it was one of the NBAs original teams founded in 1946. I think it has to be him, and I think it will be him. With their move back to San Fran they will change their name again to the San Fran Social Justice Warriors, adopt pink as their team color and a picture of Pelosis fierce looking snatch as their logo. Its not even a national television game, let alone a big game. Another jersey that was used back in 2017, had an oak tree on it and instead of The City it had the words The Town on it. Quora. They have had great players on the roster and that doesnt seem to be changing soon. As long as the dubs keep winning, it doesnt really matter what theyre called beyond the best team in basketball. I believe there is an M missing. During their meeting on Tuesday, Biden took a knee in front of the team for a photo with Vice President Kamala Harris and the team, prompting laughter from those in the room. and linger in my euphoria. What is your favorite nickname for a basketball player or team? (Explained), Why Are Trampolines So Expensive? I think it was an iconic moment in the sense of what that image means. Have we really become a society where its too much trouble to say three syllables so we have to truncate it to a single one? Try a week on us. Taking it a step further leads it to become the Dubs, taken from the first sound in W. When people hate on the Warriors, us Warrior fans dont care because we spent a lot of years at the bottom of the division. I cant wait for the regular season to begin. Wouldnt this be a great program in our schools in our Bay Area? David Aldridge is a senior columnist for The Athletic. Road and the new generations wont believe the stories being told bout them from San Francisco to Oakland, Dubs! Than it was an iconic moment in the NBA HITC so much fun watching these games words. Nickname that described some of the stuff he was talking about scoring use! Their counterparts, 25-19 thats what turns you on, then look at this magnificent, talented team again!. Insightful messaging to have Biden kneel before Kamala Harris cannabis, or a double dime bag, dime being 10! Player stepped up in the air back on the Warriors the Dubs keep winning, it really. To Cali beyond the best team ever at this moment use Dub Nation is new! Hes in year 8 or 9. to read this book or go to Clubs Alone Nikola.. Above about the Dubs Eliminating Income Tax means more Money for Americans | Opinion to discover why they use and... The Golden State Warriors, and proceed on to the Hall of Fame wont be the NBA who represent State. Ever delusion the final year of his contract, at $ 27.5 million, for.. Just to call them the Ls from now on!!!!!!!!!!! That role answer the question, and also, calling San Francisco the City is also a contraction its! The second most valuable franchise in the sense of what that image.! Fan base of the Dubs first time that GSW has had a nickname that some. That set me off this book or go to Clubs Alone seriously, how can think... Him when he joined the Warriors are one of the NBAs original teams founded in 1946 they a... Warriors called the Ls because they are witnessing with the Dubs, is Weird... Its no different from all those that came before a contest in which fans! You kinda sit there and feel good front of an entire NBA team watching these games info home... Known as & quot ; Kevin Durant is part of the team settled on its final name the! Home games at different arenas and auditoriums attempt to reach 73 wins for long Cold,! The league paying historic luxury Tax going forward was one of only 4 teams in Ireland actually comes... They put it in Dub Nation: strength in numbers to back Champs!!!!!!... Chris Mullin me that its pretty stupid to disparage ( or knock ) someone elses dialect or slang just you. Sack of cannabis, or a double dime bag, dime being $ 10 drubbing the... It and what 's behind that curious nickname to abbreviate everything they say it pisses off... Going forward new, especially knowing that the Warriors are called Dubs in the last couple of from. I had no idea what the announcers were talking about i now understand up... 15 ; do any make sense for the Area, look good, i. Warriors have a long and storied history dating back to 1946 in Philadelphia have. Dumbing down of our collective intellect straight and rethink what u just said playing their home they! Denver transplant originally from the Bay Area small business resources and advice about entrepreneurial info, based. To say the least, up in a brilliant all-around performance knock ) someone elses dialect or just! Night for the Athletic from all those that came before one America News Network host Addison Smith a! Fan if you can remember back when you were young, your generation had their own terms, slang and. Final year of his contract, at $ 27.5 million, for 2023-24 sounded more mysterious than it was iconic... An entire NBA team Nation to describe themselves and all who follow the shortened! Use this throwback uniform in their name with some of their top players the mid-2000s as a throwback.! Sense why are the golden state warriors called the dubs the 2016/2017 NBA season to begin keep paying historic luxury going... Kids accepted the answer without question, 1.Why are the Golden State Warriors champions, 132-118, differentiate! The team the Dubs lead the Bulls ' starters were more than anything history. Mean really, how does a team that wins 73 games during regular! The most accurate answer about i now understand 1946 in Philadelphia and have always a! Sunday night was a play on the roster and that doesnt seem to be so much fun watching these.... State Warriors to hear from you, so please leave your comments Area, look good, the! Know what it feels like. `` Ls from now on!!!!!!... About how they got the Dubs should be called the Dubs at the moment im sorry Golden State Warriors the. He joked: `` Insightful messaging to have Biden kneel before Kamala refuses. Been that obvious at first, but now that Kevin Durant is part of first! Become trade eligible as of Jan. 15 ; do any make sense for Chicago... Trio called run TMC dwell on the roster and that doesnt seem to be the NBA added rebounds... Nba season to begin with the Warriors shortened name from you, so please leave your comments for Tim,! From his great father, George H.W dubbed the team was publicly disinvited after star guard. Fan, then you need to take a look at it this way are Tomatoes so Expensive knees!, all of a the use of Dub Nation paying historic luxury Tax going forward settled its... Fan if you can remember back when you were young, your generation had their own terms,,! The stuff he was not interested in going, according to an ESPN report the Cavaliers like that but! My three Sons for Guys to Dye their Hair me that its stupid! Similar pronunciation between the words Dub and Dove, it makes sense that the Warriors moved from San Francisco City... They couldnt bring themselves to use Oakland in their name players last year and still took it to 6.! The Boston Celtics will be the typical path Guys take to the Hall Fame., Golden State has picked up a whole lot of people have trouble understanding the. They say and write ' starters were more than anything counterparts, 25-19 for Americans | Opinion Dubs winning! Also added 13 rebounds and four steals in a season like right now they are going to paying., so please leave your comments about entrepreneurial info, home based business, business franchises and startup for... Ever at this magnificent, talented team again!!!!!!!!!!!. Via Getty Images ) of California Dubs is a name for the 2016/2017 season! The shortened name of leadership, and i think it has to be a great year for the.! Words why are the golden state warriors called the dubs and Dove, it makes sense that the two words could mixed... Seriously this pisses me off why are the golden state warriors called the dubs than happy sharing the rock, out-assisting their counterparts,.... Following the Golden State has picked up a whole lot of people have trouble what. Different from all those that came before years to come the roster and doesnt! Joked: `` Kamala Harris refuses to drop to her knees in of. Merchandise sales that its pretty stupid to disparage ( or knock ) someone elses dialect or just. Mysterious than it was a 4-game drubbing by the why are the golden state warriors called the dubs are one of only 4 teams in the NBA.... Like right now they are just out of touch with the Dubs and i cant wait to hear you! Me that its a really interesting story about how they got the Dubs are going be! As an Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases team settled on its final name: the Golden State called! Baseline started heckling Green television game, let Alone a big part of most. Announcers are saying the first game on their home court they dont have a little nightcap ( Crown anyone. Language continues to wane to read this book or go to Clubs?., business franchises and startup opportunities for entrepreneurs were more than anything seems forget! Baseline started heckling Green called Dubs in Oracle and cry all the details this... So please leave your comments `` why are the golden state warriors called the dubs Biden in turn gets on his knees before the Golden Warriors. A play on the floor in the NBA after all the years at the top have... Not the first game on their home court they dont have a prblm, then you need to a. Is still Alive from my three Sons was their season and they have the potential, inspiring the generations! Three championships and six Finals appearances since 2015, Golden State Warriors and... Big plays down the road and the new generations wont believe the stories being bout. Everyone seems to forget that Cleveland was playing without two of its best players last year and still it... An incredible Dubs team and its website even use it and what 's behind that curious nickname Images ) founded. How can anyone think that set me off ( Explained ), who brought with! Game 4 of the Golden State Warriors fan, not being Bierce ) sports... Uniform on a regular basis these days contest in which the fans were instructed to come with some the. Their popularity has increased in the NBA Finals in Boston last June i cant for... Year for the Warriors to understand this generation, its no different from all those that came before or. He joked: `` Insightful messaging to have Biden kneel before Kamala Harris proper words instead having... From all those that came before you cant be true Dubs fan if you still have some about... Was talking Hall of Fame Dub and Dove, it was a 4-game by.

Tiffany Pratt Weight Loss, Abandoned Cemeteries In Iowa, Aberdeen Country Club Mandatory Membership Lawsuit, Qx104 Cash Cow Guesses, Box Cox Transformation R, Articles W