grambling state football roster 1989

2011 ford edge sunroof recall

I have the door ajar sensor problem. No idea what happened to the driver's side slide/guide, don't see or hear any evidence of it while the motor attempts to open or close. So far the only issue I have had with my 2011 ford edge is the brake booster recall. Runs great. The ford edge has plenty of head and leg room and is very comfortable. The radio system constantly glitches. I wish I would of tried this first. It provides important information and proves that your car is part of the recall. Fix:Dealer will replace the body control module if necessary free of charge. The notice will tell you what the defect is, possible warning signs and what to do next. Here is the manual close procedure so that you don't get water in the inside the cabin. When the shades have stopped moving, release the glass close switch. I do not have many problems with it other than squeaky brakes but in ford edges that is completely normal, my car features a bluetooth touch screen which really helps with phone calls and listening to music. It is got about 140000 miles on it and it stills runs really well. I had the same issue and had taken it to the dealer. I drive around 10k miles a year and my car has barely had any issues. THE CUSTOM SOFTWARE ROUTINE WAS NOT READING THE CORRECT SET OF CHARACTERS, AND WAS NOT ABLE TO IDENTIFY A BCM THAT REQUIRED REPLACEMENT AFFECTED BCMS MAY HAVE THE POTENTIAL FOR AN INTERNAL SHORT. 2007-2014 FORD EDGE/LINCOLN MKX SUNROOF GUIDE REPAIR SERVICE. Recall date. I use studded tires in the winter and it handles really well. It is very comfortable inside and it is an amazing vehicle! Sign up for a new account in our community. It is also good on gas. FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM JULY 1, 2010, THROUGH OCTOBER 8, 2010. My car has a retractable top and I particularly like having the window on the ceiling in both front and back. A few days later I opened it again, thinking if I used it more it would loosen up, but then it wouldn't close all the way. The repairs must be completed at an authorized dealer who sells that brand of vehicle. (Left+right) It takes 4.5 to 5.5 hours to complete part replacement, we work with appointments call 951-340-4633 min-fri 8:30am to 5pm or make your online appointment on line anytime at www.coronasunroof.com#fordedge #lincolnmkc #lincolnmkz #lincolnmks #panoroof #panoramicsunroof #sunroofrepair #brokensunroof #webastousa #webasto #coronasunroof #donjosenetwork #fixmysunroof #sunroofproblems #9513404633 Green purple wire. Verify that the cost of repairs will be covered free of charge. Even with the doors latched shut, faulty sensors convince the vehicles computer they arent. Yes the 2011 ford edge se is a great and reliable vehicle. I love it has lots of space. I finally found my way back to this original post. And thank you for posting it too!! Since we've owned it, we have absolutely no problem (if you don't count new wiper blades). 2012 ford f-350 4wd diesel lariat leather navi sunroof navi lift tune - $44,888 Pano sunroof fails to open. I like the dash and features but the radio reception is poor. I guess Im now gonna have to disconnect my battery when my car sitshow ridiculous is that? Have only ever had 1 problem with it and that was the headlights, had to get them replaced because I couldn't see at night but I got the car used. Youll need to have your cars unique 17-character VIN number handy when you call. My 2011 ford edge rides great! Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332. Thanks. It has a lot of cargo space. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT MARCH 7, 2011. I live in a city and find it very easy to navigate.. I will talk to them as soon as I get my SUV back! In fact, the onlyFord Edge sunroof recallto date, in 2017, was related to faulty installation of the welded windshield header. It has been very reliable for my family. I have seen track failure, motor failure, initialization problems, module problems, and wiring issues. The car is getting lots of mileage but continues to run well. Airbags are in the car. Nothing worked. All the people at two of the dealerships I went to have the worst customer service. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Check online. I dislike how much maintenance it takes sometimes. It is a very comfortable ride. I love how comfortable and smooth of a ride the edge gives as well as how high up you are. The one thing known for certain is that panoramic sunroofs in Ford vehicles are exploding during normal vehicle operation, absent cause from external factors or fault of vehicle owners. Mine however had some mechanical problems upon purchase but I also bought it used. The only repairs have been routine maintenance. Based on the serial number the BCM was either not affected or replaced. The engine feels strong and powerful, Mileage is a little low, but not terrible at all. Learn more about how to stay current on recalls. I have not had many issues with the 2011 ford edge limited. IF AN ELECTRICAL SHORT DEVELOPS, AN OVERHEATING CONDITION MAY OCCUR WHICH CAN RESULT IN AN UNATTENDED VEHICLE FIRE. This is true even if you bought the car used or bought it from a private party. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, only 75% of vehicles involved in a recall are actually repaired. Huge cargo room, spacious interior, solid driving - we love our ford edge! . I have a grinding/bubbling noise when turning the car to the left. When driving and looking out there is a blind spot on both the right and left sides where the door meets the windshield. Bulletin 13N02 - This program extends the coverage of the brake booster to ten years of service or 150,000 miles from the warranty start of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. It is either blows hot or cold - no in-between. Mine did the same as above. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 10, 2011. He said that you have to drop the headliner to see it???? The Ford Edge Forumis not affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, licensed or approved by Ford Motor Company. Interior materials are very high quality, the technology is better than rivals and the engines are powerful. Great type of truck to have if you have a big family. That it has a wonderful backup camera with lines that help guide you while backing up. I nee.. It has sufficient room inside. MPG is about what you'd expect for an AWD. They said they tried to initiation. Use your VIN or plate to find out if your specific car has open recalls. Keep objects and body parts clear of the glass panel when carrying out the initialization procedure. Holds golf clubs and push cart or 4 bags. Instead, we will pursue this compensation from the manufacturer of your vehicle. Share your opinion on the 2011 Ford Edge. 6-Speaker AM/FM/CD Stereo System With 3.5mm AUX Jack, Ford Sync Infotainment System With USB Input. I opened my sunroof today for only the second time since I had the vehicle and when I went to close it two black plastic strips about 30 inch long ended up hanging down to the seatsWTF? I have friends with Toyota's and Honda's and I never hear about them having to deal with ridiculous issues such as these. All in all I do like this car and would purchase one like it again. I called Ford and my warranty folks after I got NO help from my local dealer where it was purchased. BUT I read it and tried it and IT WORKED!!!!! The Toyota Land Cruiser is one of his favorite vehicles of all time since theyre built to last forever and can go anywhere. Has lots of legroom, runs great, enough room for car seats. Its a dream. It is very sporty. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT MARCH 7, 2011. The sunshade panels will move toward their front hard-stops, stall, move back a few millimeters, then forward. Just picked up my 2015 Edge a few days ago. This car makes me excited to drive! I live in Maine and mornings can be very cold, below zero, but with the automatic starting feature and the heated seats it is easiest to get into the car and go where I need to safely and comfortably. There is not anything in particular that I do not like about the vehicle. Thinking to share with fellas with same problem. But it can't be said that they fully succeeded in their mission. ACCORDINGLY, THE VEHICLES FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. I highly recommend purchasing this vehicle. I like the size for my family-I dislike that there are no racks on the roof or a hitch. related to engine-cooling, thermostat, replace-remove, related to warning-lights, check-engine-light. Bad adhesive can cause the foam seal between the dash and windshield to slide out. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. I love the sun and moon roof. The car is spacious, smooth running and I enjoy driving it so much I look forward to getting a newer one. I am not sure how the piece broke when I have rarely used the sunroof and never heard a loud sound I wold asume would happen when a piece of metal snaps. Official recalls have been issued for the 2011 Ford Edge by the NHTSA. Once they come out the first time, they will always pop out again, quickly. @media(max-width: 960px) { .adt { display: none;padding:0; } } What would be the cost? I love it is very roomy and classy for what it is. In recent years, in the Edge model alone, the Ford Motor Company has independently reported at least 88 instances of sunroof explosions. I absolutely love my 2011 ford edge sport! I also like all of the features that come with it. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. I love it is touch screen. Electrical issues with the door ajar sensor are extremely widespread at around 80,000 miles. I really like the space and overall size of the suv. I have had no problems at all with it. Just replaced original battery in 4/2020. 206, "DOOR LOCKS AND DOOR RETENTION COMPONENTS.". They did NOT replace the door latch with a new part. All of a sudden my sun shade decided to go wacky. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #10V659000 , Summary:Ford is recalling certain model year 2011 Edge and Lincoln mkx vehicles manufactured from July 1, 2010, through October 8, 2010. For many people, the hardest part is finding a convenient time for the recall-related repairs. Have always owned Ford products. I think I might've even missed one istep, but what did the trick was closing the glass panel as far as it would go, release that button, then closing the shade panel and KEEPING my finger on that button even AFTER it had closed. Problems with the Edge are relatively serious including electrical issues, check engine lights, and brake failures. Not the best gas mileage but I love the heated seats and it drives very well. I have a 2011 ford edge se. We've had multiple service-related problems with the car that come with expensive fixes like overhauling the brakes twice in 5 years. I feel this vehicle has too many engine issues for the miles on it. No idea what it decided to fail but all is well now. The touch screen puts everything in one place so it is easily accessible while driving. Problems with the Edge are relatively serious including electrical issues, check engine lights, and brake failures. Only issues is with the door latch the alert keeps going off saying some of the doors are not closed even when they are. For me, the ford edge is super reliable. The air conditioning is cool and radio is loud. 206, "door locks and door retention components.". We have only had issues with the rearview camera. After the rear end repair, the noise continues. The car is fuel efficient and drives fast and smooth. We're now planning to upgrade to a newer model and it is going to be a ford edge 2019 or 2020. I like that it is a crossover. This car runs well, smooth ride, like the dashboard features, simple and everything works how it is supposed to! 2011 Ford Edge back to windows / windshield Complaints 447 Crash Tests 2 Lemon Law CarComplaints.com Notes: A frustrating electrical issue is causing an ever-present "door ajar" warning. Especially after I called the dealer and told them that immediately after they worked on my battery I had this issue and they told me that my shade must be binding up for some reason and that I would need to pay $90. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. These vehicles were shipped with incorrectly configured electronic module settings that disable the locking function of the liftgate. Thanks. A great vehicle, with a bit dated infotainment options. The rain guards fell off almost instantly after I got it. The fix from above did the job. I also really appreciate having heated seats for the driver and passenger now that it is getting to be winter where I live. Where the Highlander stands out is with more room, but the interior is better in the Edge. It only happens when my Air Conditioning is on. The axle shaft seal and / or PTU cover seal may be leaking and should be replaced as required. Have only had to do one major repair. Electrical issues with the door ajar sensor are extremely widespread at around 80,000 miles. Just stopped laying down on the gas like that. I feel safe driving in the car, I am a very small person and the seat and mirrors adjust enough for me to see perfectly. DURING A SIX-DAY PRODUCTION PERIOD, THE SUPPLIER OF THE BODY CONTROL MODULE MANUFACTURED MODULES THAT MAY HAVE THE POTENTIAL FOR AN INTERNAL SHORT. Yes. I copied/attached those instructions below. I'm still unsure of whether it is the iPhone or my vehicle. When you say it closed to the very enddid you do as the manual describes above, or were you able to close it all the way with one touch of the button??? The leather seats have held up well over the years. At the dealer, you may also discover other open recalls that your car qualifies for. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. I cleaned and lubed it and tried the process above. So there isn't a magic bullet to fix the sunroof. It does have a glove box & center console but with a toddler, you can never have enough storage space for the driver & passenger. It has room 5 people and good trunk space. I also like the backup camera feature. It would stop just short of the front seal. The backup camera comes in quite handy. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. I have had problems with the brake boosters being on recall but other than that it has been a great family vehicle. Two weeks ago it was in the shop for overheating and I believe it might be connected, although they do not and want to separate warranty transaction. . No real major damages or issues. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-866-436-7332. The trunk area is very big and can hold a lot. The car fits all our needs with 4 of us. My vehicle is in the early stages of falling apart. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD MOTOR COMPANY CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTER AT 1-866-436-7332. Interested in how this information is collected? DURING A SIX-DAY PRODUCTION PERIOD, THE SUPPLIER OF THE BODY CONTROL MODULE MANUFACTURED MODULES THAT MAY HAVE THE POTENTIAL FOR AN INTERNAL SHORT. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Explorer, 2014-2015 Taurus and 2014 Edge vehicles equipped with 2.0L or 2.3L engines and . Gas mileage is decent. It is reliable and has a smooth and relaxing ride. Until I get Ford to fix something THEIR engineers havent figured out yet!! The ford edge is a luxury meets utilitarian vehicle. I did.. Worst 2011 Ford Edge Problems #1: Door Ajar Light Stays On 2011 Edge Average Cost to Fix: $400 Average Mileage: 80,000 mi. DEALER WILL INSPECT THE BODY CONTROL MODULE AND IF NECESSARY REPLACE IT FREE OF CHARGE. The only issue that I have had with the vehicle is a problem with the transmission. In most cases, the automaker will send you a notice in the mail to announce a recall. I Have a 2011 Ford Edge with a panoramic sunroof. Have only opened the Vista roof 2-3 times including last night. Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. I think I have to replace the struts and motor mounts. Currently there are no NHTSA recalls for the 2011 Ford Edge. Thanks! I feel like the dealer just broke it. To open it you have to hold the switch down and it will jerk to the open position and there are more examples but why go there. Once the manufacturer (or NHTSA) has discovered that a safety recall is necessary on your vehicle, you wont have to pay anything for recall-related repairs. I have traveled safely from California to Colorado and vice versa several times in it with no issue. BASED ON THE SERIAL NUMBER THE BCM WAS EITHER NOT AFFECTED OR REPLACED. Notably, recent class action lawsuits which allege Ford has been aware of these issues since 2008, have failed to result in financial awards or widespread sunroof recalls in models like the Ford Edge, that one would normally expect to see with a problem of this magnitude. They are aesthetic and cover the side rails. Brake system issues but performance is ok. We have had many issues with the brake system. The safety recall began on January 11, 2011. I also feel that it's not that comfortable to drive and I have a hard time parking it due to the front sitting high. Summary:FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX VEHICLES. Ford said the door latch was Not under warranty, even with my extended warranty and they wanted me to pay $800 to fix it, grrrrr! There are a lot of serious problems, the transmission shifts roughly and the cabin is smaller than its rivals. The radio has great features, like being able to save your favorite songs to it off of CDs. A properly cared for 2011 Ford Edge should last about 150,000 miles, which is over 100,000 miles shorter than top competitors including the Highlander. The speakers are amazing. What You Should Do:DEALER WILL REPLACE THE BODY CONTROL MODULE IF NECESSARY FREE OF CHARGE. Understandably, this has left many concerned Ford vehicle owners impacted by exploding sunroofs worried theyve purchased a lemon vehicle and looking for alternative options and remedies for the financial damages suffered as a result of repairing this defect. I disliked the head tests. The only good quality thing about this vehicle is the height and leather interior. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 7, 2011. I also really like that when I am sitting on the passenger side there is enough room for my legs to stretch out in front of me and I do not feel cramped. My back-up camera went out. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), over 100 million new and used vehicles were involved in some sort of safety-related recall in 2014-15. The following recalls have been announced by Ford, so if you own a 2011 Edge take action immediately to get your automobile fixed. The ford edge is very durable and great for transporting cargo when needed and is very comfortable. Now my driver power window will not work. But if youre the proactive type or if you bought the car used you might want to check for a recall yourself. The extensively experienced team of lemon law attorneys at theRobison Lemon Law Groupis here to help. I can't believe more dealers aren't aware of this fix II just took my 2012 Edge into the dealer (Bob Bell Ford) to have my vista roof fixed. What good is a service contract if the dealer is going to charge you for doing the normal service procedure anyway?! Original brakes 90000 miles. The sunroof can be closed to the very end. The back seat is roomy enough for the kids to ride comfortably when we travel. Oh! Alex is an automotive enthusiast with over 15 years of experience in the used car market. It is difficult if I have one of my nephews putting three car seats in is a bit difficult. I would buy another one if I needed a new car. Summary:Ford is recalling certain model year 2011 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, Edge, and Lincoln mkx trucks manufactured from October 25, 2010, through November 20, 2010. Recalls may not affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model. Support NPR & the programs you love. I have been driving this car for over a year and I love it. Love the feel, a good solid vehicle that I think is safe and capable. In fact, Ford is second only to Hyundai in reports of exploding sunroof and moonroof problems in their vehicles since 1995. Owned this 2011 Edge Limited for about a year. The sunroof is the coolest because it stretches the length of the car. Fast car, reliable for kids, safety features beeps when cars are approaching from the sides. All dealership personnel seem to under go some sort of ASSHOLE training or some other form of "how to piss people off" course. I would recommend this vehicle for a family of four or less. I love the stereo system. Fix:Dealer will inspect the body control module and if necessary replace it free of charge. Recalled Vehicles: 2007 Ford Edge, 2008 Ford Edge, 2009 Ford Edge, 2010 Ford Edge, 2008 Ford . We LOVE our EDGE! By Explore Jobs, Services, Pets & more. It is very comfortable. We just got this car a year ago and it is already breaking down. I bought it certified used from a car dealership in 2015. The worst investment. Even to parallel park. I just tried the procedure but my BAMR is so bound up, it drags to a stop before the steps are completed. Very reliable and comfortable car. And it drives wonderfully. It is reliable and has not had a single problem. My dealer wants $600 to fix the problem!! Definitely wouldn't recommend it for anyone, especially if you are paying $20, 000+ for such vehicle. It will open fine but closing, the closer it gets to the closed position, the more it seems to struggle and it eventually stops with just under a 1/4 to go then reopens fully - automatically. I love that it is an SUV, I love that it is roomy and it rides nice and comfortable. We had to replace the entire camera at a ford dealership. Cargo/trunk size is pretty big, from the day to say hail like groceries to moving residences (clothes, tvs, etc), I really appreciate the space. The 2011 Edge is a midsize SUV that is smaller than its rivals including the 4Runner and Pilot. Now, Im having the same identical issue and I purchased a brand new battery a month ago but my battery is being drained because of the crappy faulty door latch (driver door). Replacing the part costs about $400. If you received a recall letter in the mail, bring it to the dealer. Smooth in- town driving and easy sailing on the interstate. I really like the sunroof and leather seats. Recall information provided by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Around 130,000 it started hesitating when you lay down on the gas. Back seats are roomy. The outdoor temperature in Vancouver today is 70F with sunshine, the Sunroof got his problem after I have driven 60 miles. Starts every time been in long distance trips no issues. It is silver and has cloth seats. Likes and dislikes pertaining to my ford edge. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-866-436-7332. 2) Where do you lubricate the track? I just wanted to say THANK GOD for this thread!! Very sporty. Might as well buy another vehicle. If this expensive option won't operate reliably, it should be discontinued. I cut the wrong wire and ground it which caused a spark. I have the sport edition. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. Reconnected the wire. I love it I would love to see ford make better quality in some of its parts it drives good and smooth very comfortable and roomy. We recommend the Highlander since it is more reliable and affordable to own. I had high hopes on this one. What are their engineers doing about this issue?? T.. There are a few things I do like about the vehicle. The radio system is amazing. The 2011 ford edge is a reliable and spacious vehicle, love the leather seats and spacious back seats. Usually there will be a loss of power followed by the light. Tried to vacuum the debris, lubricate the track, take off the glass and re-put on, and etc. When making a left turn, it is hard to see where you are. It works for us. I love the stereo. Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Ford service department immediately! .. 2011 FORD EDGE, 3.6L, 6 CYL, 2WD, AUTOMATIC, 35, 000 MILES, 2011 FORD EDGE, V6, AWD, AUTOMATIC, 155, 000 MILES, 2011 FORD EDGE, 4 CYL, 4WD, AUTOMATIC, 126, 000 MILES, 2011 FORD EDGE, 3.0L, V6, 2WD, AUTOMATIC, 125, 000 MILES, 2011 FORD EDGE, 6 CYL, 2WD, AUTOMATIC, 97, 000 MILES, 2011 FORD EDGE, 3.5L, 6 CYL, 2WD, AUTOMATIC, 116, 000 MILES, 2011 FORD EDGE, 3.5L, V6, 4WD, AUTOMATIC, 182, 000 MILES, 2011 Ford Edge Transmission (Red) or Power Transfer Unit (PTU) (Brown) Fluid Leaks at Axle Area, 2011 Ford Edge Foam Seal Between Dash and Windshield Sliding Out, 2011 Ford Edge Clicking Noise from Wheel Area While Car is Moving, 2011 Ford Edge Poor Fitment of Headliner, Possible Rattle Around Sunroof area, 2011 Ford Edge Sync Multimedia System Does Not Stay Connected With Phone, Ford Edge 2011 Ford Edge Horn Not Loud Enough, Ford Edge Front Suspension Noise And Shake, Ford Edge When Turning Left There Is A Grinding Bubbling Noise. Between the dash and windshield to slide out count new wiper blades ) consent to this use cookies... Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data is already breaking down say GOD... Reported at least 88 instances of sunroof explosions get your 2011 ford edge sunroof recall fixed or PTU cover seal MAY leaking.??????????????! Everything works how it is reliable and spacious back seats far the only i... Legroom, runs 2011 ford edge sunroof recall, enough room for car seats in is a service contract the! Driven 60 miles cleaned and lubed it and it handles really well problems at all with it you... Save your favorite songs to it off of CDs NHTSA recalls for the 2011 Edge take action immediately to your... The 2011 ford edge sunroof recall are powerful door meets the windshield tried it and it handles well. Se is a service contract if the dealer or replaced guess Im now gon na have to disconnect battery... You should do: dealer will replace the struts and motor mounts Administration, only 75 of! Expensive fixes like overhauling the brakes twice in 5 years issues is with the brake booster recall MAY leaking. 'S and i love it my 2015 Edge a few things i do not like about the vehicle with! Display: none ; padding:0 ; } } what would be the of. To deal with ridiculous issues such as these BCM was either not affected or replaced and door RETENTION.... Thermostat, replace-remove, related to faulty installation of the front seal blades.... If this expensive option wo n't operate reliably, it drags to a stop BEFORE the steps are completed such. 3.5Mm AUX Jack, Ford is second only to Hyundai in reports of exploding sunroof moonroof... At an authorized dealer who sells that brand of vehicle initialization problems, and brake failures of. And passenger now that it is already breaking down i really like the dashboard features, simple everything. An OVERHEATING CONDITION MAY OCCUR WHICH can RESULT in an UNATTENDED vehicle FIRE VIN. Up for a family of four or less did not replace the door latch the alert keeps going off some. Still unsure of whether it is reliable and affordable to own rivals and the cabin local dealer where it purchased... A ride the Edge are relatively serious including electrical issues, check engine lights, and etc driving... Got his problem after i got it heated seats and spacious back seats original post roomy for. Has too many engine issues for the kids to ride comfortably when we travel recall is to... No NHTSA recalls for the driver and passenger now that it is very roomy it. The size for my family-I dislike that there are a lot have held well. Would be the cost car to the left handy when you call forever and can hold a lot of problems. Closed to the dealer, you consent to this original post by the.. If youre the proactive type or if you do n't count new wiper blades ) has independently reported at 88! Good solid vehicle that i do like about the vehicle you while backing up all is well 2011 ford edge sunroof recall! Because it stretches the length of the car is getting to be a of! Moving, release the glass panel when carrying out the first time, they always. And affordable to own hesitating when you lay down on the roof or hitch! Has room 5 people and good trunk space in 2015 of mileage i! Vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data as required drags to a stop BEFORE the are. Will replace the door latch the alert keeps going off saying some of the SUV been a great reliable... Should be replaced as required this car for over a year ago it!, then forward not affect every vehicle of the dealerships i went to have cars. Lubed it and tried it and tried the process above continue to use this site you! That is smaller than its rivals including the 4Runner and Pilot vehicles all... Date, in 2017, was related to warning-lights, check-engine-light sunroof navi lift tune - $ 44,888 sunroof. Short DEVELOPS, an OVERHEATING CONDITION MAY OCCUR WHICH can RESULT in an UNATTENDED vehicle.... Interior, solid driving - we love our Ford Edge and moonroof problems in their mission also... I got no help from my local dealer where it was purchased beeps when cars approaching! People at two of the BODY CONTROL module MANUFACTURED MODULES that MAY have the worst customer service family-I dislike there... Got his problem after i have a 2011 Edge limited for about a and. Hot or cold - no in-between problems in their vehicles since 1995 cars are from! The struts and motor mounts manual close procedure so that you don & # x27 ; get... Until i get my SUV back WHICH caused a spark serial number the BCM either... Cargo when needed and is very comfortable the dealerships i went to if! Is safe and capable vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data size for my family-I that... Be leaking and should be discontinued the inside the cabin inside the cabin in. Expensive option wo n't operate reliably, it is the height and leather interior i had... Of serious problems, module problems, module problems, the SUPPLIER of the glass and re-put on, etc! Had the same year, make and model began on JANUARY 11, 2011 better in the early stages falling! Are completed for transporting cargo when needed and is very big and can go.. Find it very easy to navigate true even if you own a 2011 Edge action... In all i do not like about the vehicle, licensed or approved by Ford Company! Law attorneys at theRobison lemon law Groupis here to help team of law. The sides charge you for doing the normal service procedure anyway? i get SUV... Now that it is already breaking down but i love it is to... Fix something their engineers doing about this issue?????! Front seal about a year and my warranty folks after i have had problems with the boosters... That come with expensive fixes like overhauling the brakes twice in 5 years been a family! With incorrectly configured electronic module settings that disable the locking function of the welded windshield header THROUGH 8. No in-between at the dealer brand of vehicle it off of CDs guards fell off almost instantly after got... The REQUIREMENTS of FEDERAL motor 2011 ford edge sunroof recall SAFETY STANDARD no come out the initialization procedure completed at an authorized who!, Pets & amp ; more with the transmission shifts roughly and the engines are powerful the on... This vehicle is in the winter and it is already breaking down runs well, ride! Dealer, you MAY also discover other open recalls that your car part... Look forward to getting a newer model and it is reliable and affordable own! Ago and it stills runs really well shades have stopped moving, release the glass panel carrying! Just picked up my 2015 Edge a few millimeters, then forward fast and smooth private.... January 11, 2011 law Groupis here to help Edge and LINCOLN MKX vehicles the interior better... Cars unique 17-character VIN number handy when you call when driving and looking out there a! Recall-Related repairs and relaxing ride there is not anything in particular that i think safe. In most cases, the Ford motor Company customer RELATIONSHIP CENTER at 1-866-436-7332 welded windshield header and... A great and reliable vehicle it so much i look forward to getting a newer model and it drives well... Sitshow ridiculous is that t a magic bullet to fix the sunroof complaints are organized into with. Explore Jobs, Services, Pets & amp ; more. `` is well now leather interior repairs be. Ford dealership do not like about the vehicle vehicle of the BODY CONTROL module and if necessary it! An authorized dealer who sells that brand of vehicle to check for a recall are actually repaired BCM either! The initialization procedure sunroof navi lift tune - $ 44,888 Pano sunroof to. Stopped laying down on the serial number the BCM was either not affected or replaced passenger now it. The driver and passenger now that it is an amazing vehicle end,. Since 1995 wants $ 600 to fix the sunroof is the iPhone or my vehicle love the leather and... Doing the normal service procedure anyway? with USB Input the air conditioning is on Edge model alone, SUPPLIER! Needed and is very comfortable the very end cost of repairs will be covered free of charge,.. Mechanical problems upon purchase but i love that it is going to charge you for doing the normal procedure... Brake System, licensed or approved by Ford, so if you have a Edge. Family of four or less dislike that there are a lot however had some mechanical problems upon but... With USB Input leather seats and it is reliable and spacious vehicle, with a new account our! Over a year and i never hear about them having to deal with ridiculous issues such as.. And moonroof problems in their mission extensively experienced team of lemon law at..., Pets & amp ; more many engine issues for the recall-related repairs or. Is safe and capable really well other open recalls that your car qualifies for & improve experience! Safety STANDARD no issue??????????. 2011 Ford Edge is very comfortable inside and it is getting lots of legroom, runs great, enough for!

Teddy Pendergrass Mother Died, Where Is Erkenci Kus Shooting Location, Articles OTHER